RE: Problem with MIME and line length in Subject headers

2002-11-14 13:55:02

I would second Dave's suggestion, and suggest that a new paragraph
should be added to the end of RFC 2822, Section 2.2.3:

Mail User Agents SHOULD unfold headers that are displayed to the
end-user (such as Subject, To, and Cc), since line breaks in headers do
not have semantic content (unlike in message bodies, where they often
denote paragraph or list breaks).

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan(_at_)dankohn(_dot_)com>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>

  Randomly generated quote:
If you're a winner, you don't go to the government. You're too busy. You
have too many customers. It's the people with no customers who end up
besieging the government.... The dog technologies run to Washington,
decked out like poodles. The politician is always the dog's best friend.
- George Gilder