Re: Problem with MIME and line length in Subject headers

2002-11-14 12:59:06

Pete,

Pete>  Whether it should be
Pete> changed to unfold a header field that is received is a trickier
Pete> business. My feeling is yes, but it's at least an interesting
Pete> question.

I think all of this hinges on whether we think of header fields, like
Subject, as being under user format control, like the body, or whether we
view them as being "structured" meta-information.  Typically, no one gets
upset when structured information is re-formatted.  In fact it is usually
considered to be a benefit.

I prefer the meta-information model for all headers.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker  <mailto:dave(_at_)tribalwise(_dot_)com>
 TribalWise <http://www.tribalwise.com>