Re: MIME roadmap (was Re: Dual names [...] in e-mail addresses?)

2003-09-27 20:14:34

On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 11:50  PM, Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:

Yes. (And I'd be happy to write it, if nobody else wants to.)

I suspect that this will be most valuable if a whole bunch of us write it together, actually. But before anyone starts writes anything, I think it's worth clarifying our goals, which might be:

-- Providing a tour of the MIME-related RFC's for new implementors

-- Updating various of the MIME RFC's to bring them mutually up to date and in sync with RFC 2822

-- Fixing specific minor problems with MIME that have accumulated in the last decade. (I suspect this list is small but non-zero.)

Are we talking about some or all of the above, and are they best viewed as a single task or multiple tasks? For my part, I'm not interested in doing this more than once every decade or so, and would therefore be more interested in something reasonably comprehensive. -- Nathaniel