Re: X-* header fields (Was: Getting 2822 to Draft)

2004-01-03 12:02:23

Pete Resnick writes:
2822 does say "Extension header fields no longer specifically called out." In 2822bis, I think it would be fine to clarify that and say "User-defined header fields (those starting with 'X-') no longer specifically discussed", and even have an informational reference to a document (or 2) on why it was pulled.

I like the suggested change. Please make sure that 2822bis includes the string 'X-', so that anyone searching for X- finds the right sentence.

--Arnt