Re: Getting 2822 to Draft

2004-01-02 08:20:11

I am one of those people that think that the X-Headers are useful since
software we produce uses them also one of those peopel that think MIME has
gone amuck.

I would oppose:

1. Any RFC that completely obsoletes RFC822
2. Any RFC that remove, obsoletes, etc. the X-Headers fields.

Al
----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Moore" <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>
To: "Simon Josefsson" <jas(_at_)extundo(_dot_)com>
Cc: "Keith Moore" <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>;
<ietf-822(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: Getting 2822 to Draft

Would 2822bis obsolete 822 fully?  If so, I believe it should mention
what happened to the X- header prefix that was part of 822.  I don't
believe simply removing them without stating why is a good idea,
people can draw many different conclusions from that, which affect
real implementations.

some people think X- headers are extremely useful, others think they
were a bad mistake that should be eradicated.  maybe we need a separate
RFC about X- fields.  I'd hate to see this argument block progression
of 2822 bis.