Re: Understanding response protocols

2004-09-09 21:29:53

Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> writes:

I guess it depends what the purpose is in suppressing duplicates.  I
suspect people don't want to see multiple copies of the same message in
the same folder.

Well, you don't have to suspect.  I've already explained in this
discussion why I don't want to see multiple copies of the same message,
and that isn't it.  :)

Not to mention that they're not in the same folder, since putting them in
the same folder would involve using fragile and non-standardized
mechanisms for mail sorting that break with such things as Bccs to mailing
lists or resent messages, and I use the standardized mechanism of List-Id.

--
Russ Allbery (rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>