Re: Understanding response protocols

2004-09-22 08:06:30

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

I guess you're really avoiding a hurdle. Having to make a conscious decision
when you want to start typing is an unpleasant distraction.

But at present I cannot make that decision, even if I wanted to. I
happen to know that when I reply to one of Keith's messages on this
list, he wants to get a duplicate copy, but when I reply to one of
Dan's, he doesn't. So I can get it right for them, as long as I
remember. However, I can't get it right in general.

Philip

ph10(_at_)cus(_dot_)cam(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44
1223 334714.