Re: Understanding response protocols

2004-09-22 08:10:24

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Keith Moore wrote:

On the other hand, a recipient does not reliably know whether a particular
address is subscribed to a list and whether that address wants duplicate
copies.  So it's helpful if there's something that tells him this.

Quite.

And while we are thinking of "fanciful" cases :-) how about the case
where somebody sends a message to a list to which they are not
subscribed, but nevertheless does not want to receive any followups?
("You guys might like to discuss this; I don't have time / am not
interested / whatever.") I think that could be done with MFT, couldn't
it?

Philip

ph10(_at_)cus(_dot_)cam(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44
1223 334714.