Re: MUA Mail Options for a Mailing List [was Re: non-member messages to lists]

2004-10-18 14:02:55

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Moore" <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>
To: "Hector Santos" <winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com>
Cc: <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>; <ietf-822(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: MUA Mail Options for a Mailing List [was Re: non-member
messages to lists]

Again,  once that message hits the LIST manager, it is going to be
"handled"
how it sees fit whether you like it or not!  The list expander has a
vital
role in it.

You are wrong.  Your list manager is broken.  Please fix it.

First, please don't send duplicate messages to me.  I don't need to get two
copies.  That's the problem.  In order to send to the LIST, you have to
naturally SEND to ALL.  This is evident by
the header block indicated above.  You even SENT two copies to yourself!

Second, there is nothing wrong with our list server.   Once you post to the
LIST, the LIST MANAGER takes responsibility for any distribution at the
point.  The proof can be viewed as simply this:

        At the distribution, the 821.MailFrom is NO Longer the original
poster

Our List Server makes it very convenient for the expectations of the RFC
based reader MUA behavior so the user clicks the REPLY button, it goes BACK
to the list.  Not back to the ORIGINAL author which is NOT the natural
expectation of the user.

Now, if you want to work on a SOLUTION to address the "Groupware" emulation
of an email mailing list concept for MUAs, then do so, otherwise SHUT UP.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.