Re: Attempts at establishing harmful conventions

2004-11-30 10:06:27

While we're bashing such harmful attempts at establishing
ill-advised conventions, let's not forget the "Auto: " Subject
field hack, which is in the same boat as the "Re: " hack which
was being discussed.

For completeness we should also include the FTC's mandated
SEXUALLY-EXPLICIT: tag.

I do think there's a significant difference between conventions for the
Subject field that the message author (or the author's MUA) uses to
indicate information about the content, and alterations to the Subject
field that are done by intermediaries.
--
Blessed are the billionaires, for they shall inherit without estate taxes.