Re: MoreOn: Attempts at establishing harmful conventions

2004-11-30 17:40:51

At 7:16 PM -0500 11/30/04, Nathaniel Borenstein wrote:
I think we need to distinguish between human-level conventions and protocol elements. Any "harmfulness" in the former is not something that can be addressed technically.

Ok, human bad, protocol element good.  That's quite clear.  Pesky humans.

Is [nameoflist] inserted by a list processor a human-level convention?

If a machine puts it there, I think it's reasonable for another machine to try to take it out. If we as an Internet community can make that easier, we will have done a good thing.
--
Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?