Re: MoreOn: Attempts at establishing harmful conventions

2004-11-30 17:33:41

I think we need to distinguish between human-level conventions and protocol elements. Any "harmfulness" in the former is not something that can be addressed technically. [...]

I dislike intermediaries that modify the subject line. Otherwise, I'm substantially in agreement with your message.

and if we start asking users to fill in multiple fields that are descriptive of the messages they send - one for the topic, another for message attributes (reply, forward, confidential, etc) the instructions for trying to get users to "do the right thing" with those fields are going to look as if Lewis Carroll wrote them.