Handling of NO-WS-CTL in 2822bis

2007-12-03 16:09:18

Pete asked me to post my position on this, so...

I believe that the best course of action is to remove NO-WS-CTL from
the generate syntax, leaving it in the interpret syntax. This includes
its use in quoted-pair/qtext, ctext, and dtext.

I think this is the right way to go because otherwise it is going to be
tought o demonstrate interoperability moving to draft. It's especially
important to remove it from quoted-string since those can be parts of
addresses, but I fail to see a reason why we should retain this for
comments or domain literals.

                                Ned