Re: Intent to revive "expires" header from draft-ietf-mailext-new-fields-15

2008-07-23 04:00:26

Chris Haynes wrote:
2) Can the semantics of an 'expired' message be agreed and communicated in a
clean, simplistic, non-technical way?
I'm not sure they can be expressed in any way at all... All I can figure out so far is that the expiry of a message implies it's possibly not quite as important, urgent or valid to the sender/recipient/some-other-person as it would have been before it expired.

I'm not sure that's a tight enough definition :)

--
Paul Smith

VPOP3 - POP3/SMTP/IMAP4/Webmail Email server for Windows