Re: Fw: requested tweak to 2822upd grammar - consensus call

2008-09-28 00:06:51

Pete Resnick answers Tony Hansen:
The argument espoused is that adding msg-id-kernel allows that internal portion of the msg-id to be used by people in other documents; as 5322 stands, that's not possible.

Do we have an example of someone wanting to use this?

Not 2192bis, but I suspect there's a document like it that ought to say something like

    mail-url = "mail:" msg-id-core

I'm kind of annoyed that msg-id-core pulls in obs-this and obs-that, but pulling in obs-* is perfectly appropriate for an URL, so I'm not actually protesting.

Arnt