Re: Fw: requested tweak to 2822upd grammar - consensus call

2008-09-26 10:15:44

From what I understand, the definitions of id-left and id-right that
msg-id-core refers to are slightly different between usefor and 5322
(nee 2822upd). In short, msg-id-kernel would be 5322's "equivalent to
usefor's msg-id-core".

The argument espoused is that adding msg-id-kernel allows that internal
portion of the msg-id to be used by people in other documents; as 5322
stands, that's not possible. It might be that it will be widely used.
And it might be that no one will do so, eschewing msg-id-kernel for
usefor's msg-id-core. In the latter case: nothing lost, nothing gained.

We can explore further compatibility issues when we look at 2822ter/5322bis.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com