Re: [ietf-822] WSJ/gmail/ML, was a permission to...

2014-05-05 01:01:46
On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Alessandro Vesely <vesely(_at_)tana(_dot_)it>
wrote:

On Fri 18/Apr/2014 14:37:21 +0200 John Levine wrote:

I also note that this hack, with or without Ale's changes, does
nothing to solve the send from gmail and WSJ article problems.

Those two problems can be solved in different ways.  Gmail could use a
third party's submission server just like they use its pop/imap one.

Gmail does allow you to use a third party submission server, and it looks
like we may have to encourage its use even more in the future.

Brandon