Re: [ietf-822] New Version Notification for draft-crocker-inreply-react-00.txt

2020-09-15 15:13:37

Pete Resnick <resnick(_at_)episteme(_dot_)net> wrote:
    > Perhaps cathartic, but with much spam today probably not as effective as
it
    > once was since quite a bit of it has bogus Return-Path addresses. But I
have
    > always been fond of such a feature.

I have long wanted some way to get non-delivery notices authenticated such
that they could get through the spam filters and really connect to the message
in
my outbox.  I really want this based upon something in the outgoing message,
rather than depending upon DKIM/SPF/etc. for the sending MAILER-DAEMON identity.

I remember that time when CC: local-postmaster was possible.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT
consulting )