Re: [ietf-822] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-crocker-inreply-react-00.txt 👌

2020-09-15 07:11:20

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020, at 17:27, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
On Mon 14/Sep/2020 21:37:06 +0200 Dave Crocker wrote:

A new version of I-D, draft-crocker-inreply-react-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Dave Crocker and posted to the
IETF repository.

    For recipient MUAs that do not support this mechanism, the header
    field might not be displayed to the recipient.  To ensure that the
    reaction is presented to the recipient, the the responding MUA MAY
    automatically include a second copy of the header field in the
    message body.

Why not in the Subject:?

Many systems don't thread happily if you change the subject.

    o  Should the specification permit only one emoji?  Why (not)?

So users have to reply multiple react messages?

If they have multiple reactions to make - sure.  I'm not too stressed either
way, but I would argue that a single emoji per message is definitely simpler
for everybody.

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd