Re: [ietf-822] mappings and mechanisms

2020-09-28 20:44:28
On 9/28/2020 5:55 PM, Brandon Long wrote:
I also agree that it shouldn't be restrained.
I also find the "limited" sets of reactions for certain systems to be entirely too restrictive.

Excellent.  Maybe that's settled.

But now I'll go a slightly different direction: I'm a fan of the word "extensible" and the phrase "priming the pump".

Interoperability is about shared details.

The draft specification does that, to one level, but it might be worth putting a tiny layer on top of that: I'm wondering about adding a section the offers and entirely optional initial set to use, so people can choose to start with something in common. If they wish.

This would be a non-normative set -- I don't even see a benefit in classing it as a MAY, since, really, it's a tiny subset of the Unicode list.

d/