Re: [ietf-822] New Version Notification for draft-crocker-inreply-react-00.txt

2020-09-15 07:21:22
Someone asked me about this feature some years ago when social media was becoming popular and I suggested simply adding a disposition to Message Disposition Notification (RFC 8098, STD 85). The machinery is already in some systems, MDNs give you the ability to easily get back to the source message through Message-ID, and the adornment ("Joe Smith liked this message" or "❤️" or whatever) could then be added to the display of the original message, etc. No new mechanism needed and I think somewhat quicker deployment. It would probably just take an Informational document with a pointer to STD 85.

pr

On 14 Sep 2020, at 14:37, Dave Crocker wrote:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-crocker-inreply-react-00.txt
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 11:42:46 -0700
From: internet-drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
To: Dave Crocker <dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net>

A new version of I-D, draft-crocker-inreply-react-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Dave Crocker and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-crocker-inreply-react
Revision:       00
Title:          React: Indicating Summary Reaction to a Message
Document        date:   2020-09-14
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          5
Htmlized:  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-crocker-inreply-react-00

Abstract:
   The popularity of social media has led to user comfort with easily
   signaling basic reactions to an author's posting, such as with a
   'thumbs up' or 'smiley' graphic indication.  This specification
   permits a similar facility for Internet Mail.

The IETF Secretariat

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking

--
Pete Resnick https://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best