Scanning with Perl (was Re: [Asrg] MTP draft)

2003-03-04 12:54:32
On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Vernon Schryver wrote:

(I've some reservations about SpamAssassin, but only
because I wonder about Perl for filtering more than 50,000 messages/day.)

There are people using SpamAssassin to filter over 1,000,000 messages/day.
Like I said, you just have to be clever about it.  Even a run-of-the-mill
PC should handle 75K-100K messages/day.

Given that you're doing extensive string and regular-expression
matching, I doubt that C would be much more efficient than Perl for
message scanning.

--
David.