Re: [Asrg] MTP draft

2003-03-04 12:31:30
On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Hadmut Danisch wrote:

Well, it's not the experience, it's just that I have some kind
of information theory point of view. There is no such good and bad
information, there is just information or not information.

Then there's no such thing as "spam" or "ham", just mail or not
mail. :-)

You can't fight spam on an information-theoretic basis.  It's more of
a messy AI problem with lots of hand-waving subjective tests.

Every kind
of content filtering (including censorship) is just shortening the
channel bandwidth. That's why I personally don't really like text
analysis and heuristics.

Well, think of it as a filter that rejects high-frequency noise.  All
electrical engineers know that you try to limit the bandwidth of a
transmission channel to just what you require; any excess bandwidth
just means more noise. :-)

--
David.