Re: free-speech and anonymity are related (Re: [Asrg] MTP drafty)

2003-03-05 21:09:12
At 11:28 PM 3/5/2003 +0100, you wrote:
On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 09:58:44PM +0000, Adam Back wrote:
> Think about it, there is a relationship between free-speech and
> anonymity.

Yup, of course there is a relationship:

The need for anonymity corresponds to the lack of freedom of speech.
Think about it.

Agreed, but like all freedoms its up to each of us to perfect it, as it applies to us, as much as we can. Its an acknowledgement that legal or not if you upset the powerful you may face unpleasant consequences. Depending on mathematics to protect our freedoms, when it is capable, is a lot safer than trusting laws, police, judges, juries and especially politicians.

steve