Re: [Asrg] MTP draft

2003-03-04 13:43:19
On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Vernon Schryver wrote:

There are existing solutions to that problem.  One is to reject with
a 4yz temporary failure codes any Rcpt_To address whose filtering
preferences might yield a different answer than the preferences of
the first recipient.

That was an option I considered, but rejected.  If you're the tenth
recipient, you might wait a long time to get your e-mail.

A second solution is to resolve conflicts in the correct answer to
the DATA command with a 2yz OK answer but to deliver only to mailboxes
that want the message and silently discard instead of rejecting the
message for other mailboxes.

That is the method I chose also.  Actually, I group recipients by
filter preferences, and then re-mail the message to each group with
identical preferences, discarding the original.  The re-mailed
messages get filtered, but by then everyone is known to have the same
set of preferences, so the problem is solved.

--
David.