Re: [Asrg] MTP drafty

2003-03-05 17:14:35
At 12:46 PM -0800 3/5/03, Brad Templeton wrote:
It helps, but has its own annoyances.   Plus it's a loophole, in
that spammers will just send out messages saying

"This is to confirm your request to subscribe to our mailing list
about where to get cheap penis enlargers.  Click on this link to
confirm your subscription!"

Yes, but when combined with bulk-mailer identifier requirements, they can only do it once. Of course then they keep changing the name of the list and calling it something new. So then you need to determine whether you are talking about one request per-organization or per-list, or per....

So yes, it's not ideal. And then of course lots of people can't figure them out. That could be help with standard's and MUA support though. Or you can just tell the client that they didn't really want clueless people on their mailing list anyway--a year from now they'll forget and report it as spam :-).
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.