Re: [Asrg] MTP draft

2003-03-04 18:26:19
On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Vernon Schryver wrote:

Remailing forces DSNs on failure, which has various costs including
double bounces into your postmaster mailbox and bounces sent to
innocent people when the return address really was forged.

Correct.  However, you'll find that something like 80-90% of incoming
messages are to a single recipient, so you rarely need to handle the
case of two different recipients with two different sets of
preferences.  In the 10-20% of cases you do, well, double-bounces are
just a cost of doing business.

Or do you discard instead of bounce during the re-mailing?

It's configurable.  By default, we bounce, because I also don't like
systems that silently drop mail.

--
David.