Re: [Asrg] MTP drafty

2003-03-06 23:02:11
Kee Hinckley wrote:
> But last summer I turned on a
domain that had been offline for two years and got 400 messages in 4 hours. 20% from legitimate companies who had apparently been ignoring bounces for two years.

As a similar but more extreme example. 2 years ago we shut down several old domains. They were receiving 20,000 spams/day at the time, virtually zero legit email.

A few months ago I turned them back on. 800,000 spams/day after 18+ months of 100% undeliverable. 40-fold increase. Ouch!

[And of course several semi-legitimate bulk mailers who don't check bounces either.]