Re: [Asrg] MTP drafty

2003-03-05 17:14:34
At 10:30 PM +0100 3/5/03, Hadmut Danisch wrote:
Huh? Do free speech and sender verification/signatures mutually
exclude each other?

As discussed previously, it's a cultural thing. The U.S. is very big on protected anonymous speech. We're perfectly happy to tell everyone what prescription drugs you buy, but your right to speak anonymously is protected. About the only things about you that can't be given away to anyone are what videos you buy and what books you check out of the library--and 9/11 got rid of the latter restriction. (I wish I were being funny here.)

But in any case I agree with Brad. Requiring identification for bulkmailing is different. Besides, there's always Usenet if you feel like broadcasting your thoughts anonymously.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.