Re: [Asrg] Deprecating plain POP accounts

2003-03-05 16:06:50

I don't see how this could be an argument for your opinion.

I'm using several notebooks with the mail scheme I proposed.
And I never ever had to reconfigure anything. On the contrary:
The fact that I use my central relay make the configuration
so stable that I never need to change anything, I do not even
need a running DNS service.

you're not connecting to different ISPs, each of which insist that you
use their relay, and block port 25 for all other hosts.

very unfortunate if we compromised transparency, or the ability to
send anonymous mail, for the sake of spam.

I understand that this is a bitter pill, but you can't have one
without the other, since it turns out to be basically the same.

please also understand that we might not want to swallow that bitter
bill.

Keith