Re: [Asrg] Deprecating plain POP accounts

2003-03-05 16:16:24
On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 06:05:12PM -0500, Keith Moore wrote:

I don't see how this could be an argument for your opinion.

I'm using several notebooks with the mail scheme I proposed.
And I never ever had to reconfigure anything. On the contrary:
The fact that I use my central relay make the configuration
so stable that I never need to change anything, I do not even
need a running DNS service.

you're not connecting to different ISPs, each of which insist that you
use their relay, and block port 25 for all other hosts.

Sure, of course I do. I do not even use port 25 since I don't
use SMTP to up/download mail from my home hub.

please also understand that we might not want to swallow that bitter
bill.

Sure I understand. Take the pill or stay sick.

Hadmut