Re: privacy is a feature (Re: [Asrg] desirable characteristics of source tracking)

2003-03-05 21:35:50
From: Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>

me too.  which is why I don't want an identity that is tracable to the
actual sender to the message; instead, I want an identity that can only
be associated with whether the sender has a history of sending abusive

Because even in Germany it is evidently easy to get new Internet identities,
I susepct you don't want a token or identity associate with *whether*
there is a history of abuse but an identity that has a long history of
no abuse, or for non-spam-friendly ISPs, just a long history.

Contrary to recent claims, it is evidently easy to get throw-away,
practically anonymous online identities in Germany.  Check your spam
archives and notice how much there is from the several free mail providers
in .de and from the mcdeutschland.de/gmx.co.uk/gmx.net/inminds.co.uk/-
kundenserver.de/schlund.de/schlund.net spam haus.