Re: False positives (was Re: [Asrg] Re: RMX Records)

2003-03-07 07:39:58
"Chris Lewis" <clewis(_at_)nortelnetworks(_dot_)com> wrote:
Alan, you simply have to recognize that _nothing_ anyone can come up
with of a technical nature can help your situation short of everyone
abandoning SMTP.  You're MANY standard deviations away from the mean.  A
pathological worst case.

  I agree completely.  Last year, I was telling people my domain was
"so far out on the edges of the statistical distribution that I'm
getting nosebleeds from the altitude"

  Not a pretty picture, but it got the point across.

The value that your experience has lies in a different direction - the
signpost for where we're all going if we cannot build solutions
effective enough to severely discourage spammers before we all look like
striker.  An early warning for what the death of SMTP email will look
like if we can't get a handle on it _now_.

  Exactly.  That's why I've been so vociferous with my opinions.
People with their heads stuck intentionally in the sand are ripe for a
good, firm, kick in the pants.

  Alan DeKok.