Re: [Asrg] DCC and IP checksums

2003-03-10 11:48:05
 Some of my dearest and closest friends are other postmasters and
 system admins. We can talk about pretty much anything until it come
 to their technology and anti-spam techniques. From there, their eyes
 get squinty and they start shifting in their seats.

I suspect this is because many of us realize that

a) currently, our most effective filters are based on content
   (even acknowledging the problems with this kind of filter)
b) most of these filters only work as long as the spammers don't know
   about them.

so the longer we can keep our spam filters secret, the longer they'll
work for us.

there's also something to be said for diversity.  the more uniform our
filters become, the easier it will be for spammers to avoid them.

Keith