RE: [Asrg] DCC and IP checksums

2003-03-12 18:48:26
On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

I don't trust sandboxes either.
But I do trust signed code that has been thoroughly reviewed.

I do not, necessarily.

Signed code is not really more secure than unsigned code, because it
only takes one piece of buggy signed code to open up an exploit.

The problem with PKI is that revocation is not very scalable or
reliable, so old, buggy signed code continues to do damage for a long
time.

We would be talking about a few hundred lines of code here,
not tens of thousands.

Nevertheless, I would still not trust it, and I doubt many other
administrators would either.

--
David.