[Asrg] Who is most incented to make anti-spam changes?

2003-03-13 08:15:11
At 6:27 PM -0500 3/12/03, Alan DeKok wrote:
  Is there a critical percentage of the net which will cause/force
wide-spread adoption of an anti-spam method?  If so, who are they, and
what percentage of the net do they control?

Commercial bulk mailers have an incentive to change their systems out of fear of being blocked.

ISPs have an incentive to block spam if it can be done in a way that decreases support and maintenance costs. In other words, adding complex systems isn't necessarily helpful. Reducing forgeries so that they don't get fake complaints might be helpful. Reducing bounces would be helpful.

For another view on who is interested in the problem, consider the attendee list to JampSpam.

http://www.jamspam.org/home/Participants
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering