Re: [Asrg] Re: Asrg digest, Vol 1 #133 - 14 msgs

2003-03-28 09:54:12
At 5:36 AM -0800 3/28/03, James Lick wrote:
More serious aspects of such a system are that it may drive spammers to
forge spam from real addresses instead of fake, and that they may use such

The good news there is that if they do that, the legal hit is considerably higher.

I think most people have agreed on this list that address verification would be useful in preventing fake addresses. It wouldn't stop spam, but it would help stuff the spammers into a smaller box.

What doesn't seem to have any agreement is *how* to do address verification.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.