Re: [Asrg] Re: Asrg digest, Vol 1 #133 - 14 msgs

2003-03-28 13:27:53
On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 02:11:20PM -0600, Steven F Siirila wrote:
As far as we're concerned, if you don't have a static address for which
we can reach you at Postmaster(_at_)[IPaddress] later on, you have no business
sending us email from that address.  Such users are told to route their
email through their ISP or obtain a static IP address for their MTA.

If the DSL provider charges extra bucks for use of their mailserver or
doesn't have a mailserver at all and the client of a customer of yours
(we're an ISP) tells your customer "manage to receive my email or I'll
cancel the contract" what would you tell your customer?
How many of your own customers can you afford to loose because of that?

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299