Re: [Asrg] Blocking dynamic IP ranges

2003-03-29 09:22:53
At 9:55 -0600 3/29/03, Steven F Siirila wrote:

Precisely.  I know many people around here who have DSL with static IP address
blocks and their own domain name and reverse DNS.  This is residential.
I cannot imagine why, then, a legitimate business/organization would have to
resort to running an MTA on dynamic IP addresses.

Again, this is really a matter of what works for an organization.  And for
ours, this is just one of many effective "tools" for fighting the onslaught
of spam.

Just because some can have it, does not mean that all can have it.
Legitimate businesses/organizations come in many sizes with varied ability
to handle much of anything. If they can only have PPPOE, for example, then
what happens with IP and DNS is anybody's guess.