Re: [Asrg] Re: Asrg digest, Vol 1 #133 - 14 msgs

2003-03-28 13:23:06
On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 12:01:44PM -0800, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

Have you ever asked them what they think about DUL?
What will they think about validating services or RMX? From my
experience 80% won't even understand what you are talking about.

Clearly the distinction between Dial up lists ceases to have
any utility once everyone is using DSL. Plenty of companies are
legitimately using DSL to support mail servers. DSL has plenty
of capacity for that task - heck not so long ago the whole of CERN
had less bandwidth than my cable provider gives me for my house.

We block IP address ranges which are used for dialup/dynamic addresses.
As far as we're concerned, if you don't have a static address for which
we can reach you at Postmaster(_at_)[IPaddress] later on, you have no business
sending us email from that address.  Such users are told to route their
email through their ISP or obtain a static IP address for their MTA.
--

Steven F. Siirila                       Office: Lind Hall, Room 130B
Internet Services                       E-mail: sfs(_at_)umn(_dot_)edu