Re: [Asrg] Re: Asrg digest, Vol 1 #133 - 14 msgs

2003-03-28 22:07:32
At 2:56 PM -0600 3/28/03, Steven F Siirila wrote:
Our rejection messages include a 550 with an embedded URL containing
encrypted information where the user can go to find out why they were
blocked and how they can request an override from our user.  I guess

I have a bounce message that has several sentences in plain English telling the sender to stop sending email to the address in question. Yet it gets ignored by people. When I ask why (assuming that I can get the person to reply), the common response is:

"I didn't recognize the sender (mailer-daemon), and I know I'm not supposed to open mail from people I don't know, so I deleted it."

And you expect them to click on an encrypted URL?

I think it works for you because you are a university. You're dealing with a user-base that tends to be more technical and less mission-critical. You aren't going to lose customers because of a block.

--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.