RE: [Asrg] How to defeat spam that uses encryption?

2003-04-02 09:46:25

Vernon Schryver wrote:

You must
decode QP and Base64 before computing hashes, because there are MTAs
that add and remove at least QP and I think sometimes
Base64 encoding.

As a FYI, our sendmails are B64 encoding messages that have
"too much" 8
bit gunk.

It sounds to me as if we could do with some sort of command
to say 'don't mangle I can handle 8-bit clean' in the
SMTP transfer.

SMTP almost certainly has one already, we really need a BCP
to say observe it. The corruption of messages caused by
faulty MTAs that don't understand end to end is a major
problem.

        Phill