Re: [Asrg] How to defeat spam that uses encryption?

2003-04-20 12:22:46

On Sunday, April 20, 2003, at 02:32  PM, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

The word 'molest' was chosen quite deliberately. And all these
problems exist whether you have 8-bit or 7-bit transport.

Yes, that's why I didn't recommend or even mention 8-bit transport. I recommended binary transport. There's a big difference, and the problems you describe all go away with binary transport. You're arguing with a straw man that nobody is advocating -- please check out RFC 3030, as I mentioned in my previous message.