Re: [Asrg] spamstones

2003-04-03 15:14:57
At 2:34 PM -0500 4/1/03, bukys(_at_)cs(_dot_)rochester(_dot_)edu wrote:
Need HAM:

After we settle on definitions, the main missing ingredient is a good
HAM corpus attached to similarly-sampled SPAM.  Multi-language ham is
especially needed (I know SpamAssassin team has issued a call for it,
don't know if it will arrive.)

Just a point. This process works for testing content classification systems. It's lousy for header analysis. In the first place, archives almost always elide the recipient's address--which we need to examine the email's path throught the network. And secondly, the older the message, the more inaccurate any of the IP address information is.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.