Re: [Asrg] define spam

2003-04-04 01:58:28
Can someone remind me what the point of "defining spam" is ?

I think its for purposes of using it in research group documents. Also
"spam definition" can be used in determining how effective any given
solution is - i.e. does it catch more of spam, etc.

I personally never participated in these discussions before (though they
were very wide, around 15% of what was talked about in March) because
I think definition of spam is generally different for every receipient
and so we should build system that allows choices for each user on how
he can define spam in technical means. But some very generalized definition
we can come up with to be used in research documents and this would be ok.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Communications Inc.