Re: [Asrg] Ban the bounce; improved challenge-response systems

2003-04-06 11:06:08

On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 08:04  AM, Jim Youll wrote:
It's rather easy to tell someoe else to change all of their stuff, though.

just wondering aloud...

so UUCP is still in fair use but clearly a minority.

Is it really a good idea that all mail products should have to handle it - and design anti-spam or other things around it?

and that's the right question: "throw it out" is unrealistic. "how do we make our systems work with it, or gateway to it" is a great question. answer? I don't know. but it needs to be figured out to make it work.

I'm not sure I've seen a suggestion here yet that considers transitional periods or gatewaying to non-conforming systems in their plans.