RE: [Asrg] RE:ASGR 8a Use of certificates

2003-04-08 15:45:49

Phill, you were doing so well.  Reasonable arguments and the like.
Then you blow it with this.  Let's try and keep the personal stuff to
a minimum.  *I'd* sure as hell like to turn back the clock to the
1980's in that respect as well.  (Although I do think that having
newsreaders that let you read Usenet on a per-group basis, instead of
with all the groups jumbled together, probably was a reasonable
improvement.)

Yeah, Tim and I had a very different perspective, completeing the
project of Ithiel deSola Pool, disintermediation of the established
media. If anyone had found out what we were really up to they would
have put a stop to it. Instead they floated an IPO to buy the rope.

Usenet was a flawed design from the start. The lack of a moderation
system was a problem long before canter and siegel. A scalable version
of slashdot without the single point editorial control and monomaniac
topic selection would be completely do-able.

        Phill