Re: [Asrg] Ban the bounce; improved challenge-response systems

2003-04-08 17:38:20
On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 09:32:38AM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote

] Is it _absolutely_ necessary to bounce back the entire message body,
] rather than just status and delivery data?

Yes, it is absolutely necessary that enough of the message be bounced
so that sender can know which message bounced.

  Unless I'm trying to mailbomb joe(_dot_)blow(_at_)bad(_dot_)example(_dot_)com
the Date: and
To: headers should be perfectly sufficient.

] As a postmaster I can see message delivery details but not bodies
] and can diagnose just about anything.

Most mail senders care less about diagnosing the problem than knowing
which of their messages and to which addressee did not arrive.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org>
An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will