Re: [Asrg] Ban the bounce; improved challenge-response systems

2003-04-08 19:16:20
At 19:50 -0600 4/8/03, Vernon Schryver wrote:
 > From: Jim Youll <jim(_at_)media(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu>

 How many protocols do we have that - at the application layer - send
 back  the whole request when things don't work out? Imagine if you
 were to abort an FTP upload and got a copy of the whole file back "so
 you know which one failed"!

If you used FTP as much as you use mail and if your FTP commands
could take 5 days to fail, that would not sound so silly.
In other words, I suspect you never used UUCP for copying files.

I forgot to say "hell no" to this!

No, I don't want the original back! I have one.
I also don't want some shattered version of it, or one with error messages
scribbled all over it.

I want status information. That's quite enough.