Re: [Asrg] A New Plan for No Spam / DNSBLS

2003-04-26 18:54:38
On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 18:19:00 -0700
Phillip Hallam-Baker <Hallam-Baker> wrote:

Vernon has made himself irrelevant to this discussion.

You've not done much better, and your attempted signal level, as
exemplified by the post I'm replying to, has suffered more than
Vernon's.

Ah so racism and bigotry are alright if we are up front about it?

Its a fairly long blond leap from, "blocking China" or "block free 'net
access providers" to "racism and bigotry".  Impressive.

Again, this is a very sysop centric view of the world. I do not
believe that system or network operators are the ultimate arbiters of
the Internet.

Certainly not.  They are, like the rest of the world, service providers.
People either buy their service, or they don't.  Some will prosper, some
will die, and cultural views and expectations on how and what service is
the be rendered and in what manner, will evolve, just as they have for
every other service industry.

The 'right' that appears to be being defended here is the right of
sysops to make decisions on behalf of their users with no
accountability.

Certainly, its called "market forces".  Currently the market has not
clearly shown that either accountability or transparency are required
market characteristics.  I'm not about to try and define a culturally
suspect social good to be enforced on all Internet users.

I don't see much encouragement when anyone who raises valid complaints
against blacklists gets the sort of treatment that Fox News reserves
for the token liberals that appear, "You have made statements critical
of blacklists, why do you hate America and when will you stop giving
support to Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein?

Aiieee.  You are capable of better logic and analysis than this.

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?